A little update from Palm Beach Atlantic University's women;s lacrosse team. First, I wanted to thank you personally for following us on this journey. It has been an exciting one to see come to fruition and continue to flourish. We really love that you follow our posts and enjoy learning about our start-up Division II program. I just wanted to tell you personally how grateful we are as a program to have enthusiastic followers like y'all!
Winter break is upon us at PBA! The tree has been lit in front of the library and classes are finished. Students are cramming in last minute studying for finals. Most of our girls have three to five final exams which they have been rigorously studying for in our study halls and in their personal time. Most of the girls are heading home for break with a few sticking around that are either local, have internships, or have jobs! The girls this past November, also, received winter conditioning practices. Though we cannot make these mandatory, they are highly encouraged so that they keep their cardiovascular endurance in shape.
This past friday, we had our first annual christmas party. This was definitely a hit with the girls! We had christmas songs playing, a glorious dinner spread, and baked goods prepared by each class. Additionally, we had a white elephant which each of the girls bough gag gifs, both good and funny, wrapped them, and exchanged! Lots of laughter and holiday cheer was present! The girls, also, got a special gear surprise: their rain jackets! If you want to see how our first annual christmas party night was, make sure to follow us on instagram at @sailfishwlax!
A few updates from the lacrosse side:
1) We are hoping to have our offers out to all the 2018 class by January! We are so excited to have the opportunity to recruit 15 girls into the sailfish family and could not be more thrilled about the possibilities of the future! We are desiring to have a full class as soon as possible! If you are interested in our program as a 2018, please reach out to me via email to email@example.com!
2) We are, also, hoping to have most of our offers out to the 2019 as soon as we can! We desire to grow the program and are ecstatic about the potential this class has. We are hoping to have a class of 12 girls! If you are interested in our program as a 2019, please reach out to me via email to firstname.lastname@example.org!
3) We started study hall! Yes, study hall. I know this might sound like its another thing to do; however, the girls have found the structure helpful especially this time of year! Our study hall is designed to help girls who have a class average of C+ or lower. Our goal is to have each player with B- or above in all of their courses!
4) We have a few prospect days coming up! Make sure to visit www.pbalacrossecamps.com for more details.
5) Lastly, our schedule and roster should be live very shortly on www.pbasailfish.com/index.aspx?path=wlax! Make sure to come check out a game or watch us via the live stream software that the athletic department offers!
Hope your holidays are very merry and filled with lots of friends, family, and fun! I will touch base with y'all come January!